Message to All Parents/Students
The Great Salt Bay Community School Athletic department believes that all of our student athletes possess within themselves a winner’s attitude to meet the challenges of the future with great success. By participating in athletics, our student/athletes put themselves in a position to develop themselves into individuals ready to exhibit the following attributes: preparedness, discipline, learning & growth, integrity, sportsmanship, accepting outcomes, hard work, goal setting, understanding your role on a team, commitment, camaraderie, respect, responsibility, time management, coach-ability, humility, confidence and graciousness to name a few.
All students of the Great Salt Bay Community School System are encouraged to participate in the interscholastic athletic programs.
General Guidance and Requirements for Spring Sports Activities Due to COVID 10
Student Athletes, Coaches, Officials, and Spectators
- Great Salt Bay School must follow the Maine CDC recommendations for reporting when a person involved in school sports is confirmed positive for COVID-19 or a close contact of such a person (see the Standard Operating Procedure for Investigation of COVID-19 in Pre-K-12 Schools in Maine that is posted on the Department of Education website).
- All individuals are required to wear a mask, per CDC recommendations and pertinent Executive Orders from the Office of the Governor.
- Masks are required for all individuals during practice and competition, including athletes, coaches, staff, officials, and spectators.
- To the extent possible, players will be spaced at least 6 feet apart (e.g., during warmup, skill building activities, simulation drills, when explaining drills or the rules of the game).
- Student athletes will be kept together in small, stable groups with dedicated coaches or staff. To the extent possible, GSB teams will maintain a 14 ft distance between teams (other GSB teams and Busline League teams)
- Student athletes should bring and use their own equipment when possible. GSB equipment will be available for individual or team use.
- Shared equipment will be cleaned and disinfected between use.
- Spectators must maintain 6 feet of physical distance between themselves and other spectators as well as players.