School STANDARDS FOR CIVILITY
All students and staff will help achieve and maintain the following standards in AOS #93 schools:
- An environment that is free of aggression and violence.
- An environment that is free of harassment, bullying, teasing, and discrimination.
- An environment that is free of inappropriate and disrespectful language.
- An environment that is clean, orderly, safe, and inviting.
- An environment that promotes learning through challenge, kindness, clarity, and respect.
Respect Respectful people show consideration for persons, places, or things.
Responsibility Responsible people fulfill their obligations and are accountable for their actions.
Self-discipline Self-disciplined people control their behavior and feelings.
Caring Caring people feel and demonstrate concern for others.
Tolerance Tolerant people recognize and respect the beliefs or practices of others.
Honesty Honest people respond in a sincere and truthful manner to people and events.
Involvement Involved people participate in school and community activities.
Compassion Compassionate people understand the suffering of others and want to do something to help.
Courage Courageous people face their fears with confidence.
Trustworthiness Trustworthy people are reliable and dependable in all they do.